Cultivating an Atmosphere for Discipleship
Enrollment Period is now Closed!
After being involved in youth ministry for 10 years I grew very tired of many things. I would consider myself one of those people who had the privilege of starting from scratch in youth ministry. When I first started, the parish gave me a desk with no phone, no computer, and no youth group! Following the advice of others who worked in youth ministry, after about five years I had what many would call a successful youth group. It was successful in many ways and became a very safe place where the youth and families could come together to grow in faith.
Fortunately (and unfortunately at times) I am rarely satisfied. Although the youth ministry I was leading was relatively successful, I really didn’t feel it was meeting the greatest needs of the youth and families in the parish. I began to pray, study, and wrestle with my deepest desires for myself and for youth ministry in the Church.
I wanted a ministry approach that:
- was balanced and healthy for all involved (youth, parents, volunteers, and the youth minister)
- provided a customized formation plan for each of the youth in the parish, meeting the needs of the youth no matter where they were at in their faith.
- was scale-able and didn't have to change every time numbers changed.
- better engaged the parents
- was a parish wide approach instead of separating "youth ministry" and "religious education" or even youth ministry from the rest of the parish.
So What Is This Course?
This course is the training that I have provided “live” to 300+ parishes in dozens of different Dioceses. It includes every aspect of training and every resource that I give to parishes desiring to get started. We ran the course three times and since then have been asked by many others when it will be open again. We have taken the last year to give the entire course a face lift, added two new lessons, and several new resources. VERSION 2.0 is ready to go!
What Does It Include?
By purchasing the course, you get access to:
- 12 video lessons
- 2 “LIVE” video Q&A Sessions with the instructor throughout the course.
- a printable course workbook
- numerous printable resources that you can copy for anyone in your parish
- discussion forums where you can dialogue about the content provided in the course and get feedback on how it may be implemented in your parish.
- lifetime access to a private Facebook group with past and present course participants and the course instructor!
While we go through the course as group in about six weeks, you have access to all of these materials for a full year.
Who is this Course For?
If you are a Pastor, Youth Minister, Faith Formation Director, or Director of Religious Education that is interested in deepening your understanding of discipleship and how a Discipleship Focused Ministry model can be implemented in your parish, than this course is for you. If you are looking to change the way ministry is done in your parish, than this course is for you!
Who is this Course NOT For?
Although I am a bit bias, I find it hard to believe there is anyone involved in parish or diocesan ministry that would NOT benefit from the content of this course.
That being said, if you are a small group leader or other type of ministry volunteer in your parish (not a parish leader), we do have other training options (coming soon!) more targeted at leading a discipleship group that may be more fitting for you.
Have questions? Let us know here.
Q. When does the course start and finish?
A. This training is completely self-paced online course – you decide when you start and when you finish. When the course kicks off Eric will walk with the students, hold discussions, send emails, etc. and will be very involved for about six weeks. You will get the most value out of the course if you participate during that time.
Q. How long do I have access to the course?
A. After enrolling, you have unlimited access to this course for an entire year – across any and all devices you own.
Q. What if I am unhappy with the course?
A. I would never want you to be unhappy! If you are unsatisfied with your purchase, contact me in the first 14 days and I will give you a full refund. You have nothing to lose!
Q. Will I have access to Eric (the course instructor)?
A. Yes! In fact, the reason registration for the course is open and closed at certain times is so that Eric can be especially available to a “class” of students at a time. Eric actively participates in the discussions in the course for six weeks after the course start date. After that, he remains more committed to the next class of students.
Q. Can you invoice my parish or diocese?
A. Sure! If you are not able to pay with a credit card, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can email you an invoice. Once a check is received I will set you up with access to the course.
Q. When is the next time this course will be open?
A. I can not guarantee that it will. I truly desires to commit myself to the students of this course so will only offer it when there is margin in my schedule to be able to do so. If the next six weeks look busy for you, remember that you can go through the material any time over the next year.
Q. Do you offer discounts?
A. Yes! Common for Dioceses, if you are able to find a group of 5+ people who would like to go through the course, just shoot me an email at email@example.com. I would love to offer a discount. Also, if you pay close attention during the enrollment period we do offer general discounts as well. Our discounts for groups of 10+ can be around 40% for any course package!
Q. What is covered in the course?
A. In short, it includes everything from the fundamentals through which you can establish a well ordered, discipleship focused, ministry to finding and forming good leaders. It starts top level thinking and gets down to very practical steps for you and your parish team.
Here is a list of the 12 modules.
- Lesson 1 – Setting the Stage
- Lesson 2 – Forging New Paths
- Lesson 3 – Diving Into Discipleship
- Lesson 4 – Bringing It All Together
- Lesson 5 – The Makeover Process
- Lesson 6 – Finding and Forming Discipleship Leaders
- Lesson 7 – The New Job Description
- Lesson 8 – Parish Programming
- Lesson 9 – Understanding Small Groups
- Lesson 10 – Creating a Discipleship Plan
- Lesson 11 – The Power of Observation
- Lesson 12 – Effective Discipleship Starts in You!
Q. What is the time commitment
A. We encourage you to get through two lessons per week for the six weeks. Each lesson, with the requested discussion, takes anywhere from 30-45 minutes.